AREA 1: EDUTAINMENT
Papers may address issues such as:
• Video games and curriculum
• Teacher training in the use and creation of video games
• Experiences of best practices in formal education with video games
• Video on attention to diversity.
AREA 2: LEARNING GAMES BASED DIGITAL (Digital game-based learning)
The game-based learning refers to the integration of digital games and the use of learning strategies based on the game in the educational experiences. This issue has gained considerable attention over the past decade as the games were proving to be effective tools for learning, beneficial for cognitive development and skills development among students. Most games that are currently used for learning across a wide range of disciplines share similar
qualities: they are goal oriented, have strong social components and simulate some kind of real world experience that students find relevant to their lives . As the game-based learning gets more attention in the academic world, developers are responding with games designed specifically to support immersive and experiential learning. (Horizon Project, 2012) (Horizon Proyect, 2013)
• Ludic pedagogy
• Ludic learning
• Video and development of multiple intelligences.
• Video games and art: enhancing creativity.
• Communities of gamers and learning.
• Augmented Reality and Virtual Worlds.
• Immersive and experiential learning with serious games
• Experiences playful design of digital resources (Scratch, e-Toys, etc..)
• Gamification or Ludification in classroom.
• Digital Games open (open-ended video games - "Sandbox": eg Minecraft, SimCity, Grand Theft Auto, ...)
AREA 3: VIDEOGAMES BEYOND THE CLASSROOM.
• Development of values through the game
• Career training through simulation games (Serious Games)
• Video games in rehabilitation therapies
• Experiences of best practices in non-formal education (NFE) with videogames
• Build links between formal, non-formal and informal.
• Violence in video games
• Family and videogames
• Gender and videogames
• Video games in the elderly
• Creation and development of videogames
• Videogames in social networks